According to a Blue post covered on MMO-Champion, the upcoming changes to Warlocks will boost our DPS. The changes to Demonology are nice but it’s not what I was hoping for - Still no changes to Metamorphosis. Hmph.
- Shadow Mastery – Now increases damage dealt and life drained by shadow spells by 3/6/9/12/15% up from 2/4/6/8/10%.
- Demonic Tactics – Now increases critical strike chance for you and your summoned demon by 2/4/6/8/10% up from 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Soul Link – Damage redirection back up to 20% from 15%.
- Emberstorm – Now increases damage done by fire spells by 3/6/9/12/15% up from 2/4/6/8/10%.
I’m still hoping Metamorphosis gets looked at. I’m satisfied with its trinket-like use but I’d like it to be more than that. I’d be happy if they gave us Shadowbolt Volley back on a 30 second cooldown so it could only be used once like Immolation Aura and I’d also like it to have it’s own shapeshift bar.
I understand why it doesn’t though. There is no way to access the shapeshift bar without going in to Demon Form so you’d have to blow it just to get your bar in order. Maybe have it pull up a second pet bar with the Demon Form spells on it when you transform?
Another idea would be to make the shapeshift permanent (much like Shadowform) but nerf it’s effectiveness by dropping it’s bonus damage by 10%. This would give us the 5% damage boost that Soul Link lost, requiring us to spend 51 points instead of 11, and gain an additional 5% to boost the damage that Demonology lacks at the moment. I’d also like to see a different Demon Form model for female players even if it’s just a black and purple Succubus model. It doesn’t quite make sense for a female toon to burst in to a huge buff demon guy. This isn’t anime.
Demonic Empowerment no longer triggering GCD according to Ghostcrawler -
- We compared this talent to other talents, such as Bestial Wrath which is not on the GCD, and decided to remove Demonic Empowerment from the GCD. The potential damage loss should no longer be an issue.
Thank you, Ghostcrawler! This was one of my complaints about the spell and now it should fit well in to my WTFMETAPWN macro.
Akasha over at Warlocks Den (www.wowmb.net) also filled us in on 2 things-
- Blizzard will be removing the Dreadsteed quest chain. Warlocks will now be required to pay full cost for epic mount training and the Summon Dreadsteed spell will be buyable from your trainer at 61.
- Infernals can now we summoned in doors.