So I’m currently up to 62 with Abi and should be hitting 70 sometime in the next week or so. After leveling 6 toons to 70, you can really tell that blizzard dropped the XP-to-level by a large margain. Wotlkwiki.info says 30% but I couldn’t find anything in the official patch notes to support that. Our groups triple XP stopped at 60 but we made 2 levels running Ramparts and Blood Furnace twice and maybe 3 or 4 quests just for a few quick upgrades.
I finally got my hands on Dispersion and honestly (I await the smatter of boos) I’m enjoying it. Does it feel like a 51 point talent? Not really. It feels more like a new spell I learn at 60, but it’s usefulness so far has been on par with what I expected – an Evocation spell on a shorter cooldown that isn’t channeled but only refunds 36% of your mana. It’s also nice if you pull aggro and Fade is on cooldown =X.
If I find myself around 60% mana between battles, I just pop Dispersion, hear the ooo’s and ahhh’s over vent about how awesome the animation looks and in 6 seconds I’m ready for the next pull. So far, so good.
It FINALLY looks like Shadowpriests are getting some Glyph love with the addition of 2 new ones in the next patch update.
- Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain (changed) – Increases the damage done by Mind Flay by 10% if the target is afflicted with Shadow Word: Pain.
I’m going that this stacks with the Twisted Faith talent which does the exact same thing so a 20% boost in Mind Flay damage sounds like a mandatory Glyph in my book.
- Glyph of Shadow (NEW) – While in Shadowform, spell crits increase your spell damage by 10% of your total Spirit for 10 seconds.
With the lack of Glyphs, I’ll be snagging this one as well.
Also coming our way are a few Shadowpriest updates/nerfs. Lets take a look at them, shall we?
- Shadowform – In addition to it’s old effects, your Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague and Vampiric Touch will noq deal additional damage equal to your critical strike percentage. (14% crit = +14% damage to these spells. Works for me!)
- Vampiric Embrace will now only heal the Priest for 15% of the damage done. The party will now only receive 3% damage healed.
- Improved Vampiric Embrace – Increases the amount healed to you by 33/66%.
So we get a huge boost to Shadowform and a nerf to our health regen ability. Apparently players in the beta were stacking 4 Spriests in with the tank in 25 man raids and were able to keep them up by themselves. Blizzard didn’t like the idea and thought it would spiral out of control so here is our nerf. We get a mini Drain Life while the rest of the party gets a tiny renew. They really ARE moving us away from being a regen class, aren’t they?